Internship at POM
WHAT IS A POM INTERNSHIP?
The POM Internship is a selective process where a POM Church Leader or Pastor recognizes something special in a person. We recognize that it is the Lord that calls people – we also recognize that it is the responsibility of spiritual people to call out and speak into the lives of those they recognize a potential calling on their lives.
Our internship is a 2 to a 3-month process where an individual’s calling is explored by a full immersion into the life a young church plant (the POM). An intern is taking the bold step of intensive training and weekly application of a Pastor and potential Church Planter.
Interns are challenged in their growth, knowledge, personal obedience, and application. Interns are given full staff responsibility – a leader of leaders. Interns learn many aspects of the inner workings of the church but have an area that they specialize in such as Student Ministry, Worship Ministry, Children’s Ministry or Production. Interns are guided through a Discipleship / Leadership process for the allotted time period.
Taste and Engage
- Participate in a weekly intern group study (leadership oriented)
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and monthly leadership team meetings
- Lead leaders in their respective areas
- Lead a Discipleship / Mentorship relationship
- Have weekly office responsibilities
- Read 2 to 3 books
- Serve in worship services throughout the week.
- Complete Strength-Finders Survey and operating in your strengths conversation.
- Have personal 1-on-1 Discipleship / Leadership with a Pastor
- Attend various meetings, training or conferences in the area of church planting (funded by the church or network)
- Attend Ontario District events, meetings, camps, or conferences.
Our goal is to give practical, weekly application and prepare called people for vocational ministry both inside and outside of the POM. Our goal is that future Church Planters, Location Pastors, Pastors and staff members would be cultivated from the POM Internships.